It’s time for the Union Street Players Board of Directors to begin consideration of the 2014 Walk of Fame inductee. Started in 2008, the USP Walk of Fame honors individuals who have gone above and beyond in helping USP fulfill its mission. Since it began, USP has honored a total of nine individuals:
- 2008: Dottie McGee, Pat Moriarity, Arvin Van Zante
- 2009: Bev Graves, Peggy Moriarity
- 2010: Shelley Buhrow
- 2011: Deb Linn
- 2012: USP’s 25th Anniversary (everyone was honored – no individual was inducted)
- 2013: Pati Van Zante, Lisa Witzenburg
The USP Board is seeking the nomination of individuals who must meet the following criteria:
- He/She has been involved in USP for ten years or more.
- He/She has contributed in multiple ways (actor, director, stage manager, lighting, sound, set work, Board Member, etc.)
- He/She has tangibly helped USP further its on-going mission.
All individuals who have been nominated in the past, but were not inducted, will be automatically reconsidered each year! If you’re not sure if an individual has been nominated, please feel free to submit a nominations.
To nominate an individual, simply provide the following information in an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or in a letter mailed to USP Walk of Fame, 712 Union St., Pella, IA 50219:
- Your name
- Your email
- Your phone number
- Name of person you are nominating
- Explanation of why you think this person should be inducted into the USP Walk of Fame.
To help determining who is eligible, the following Microsoft Excel file contains a historical database of individuals and their roles in various productions and positions on the Board of Directors through 2005. Any name on this will have met the threshold of a minimum of ten year’s involvement. There is a drop down menu next to the heading of each field. You can filter your view using the drop down menus to view results by individual.
SAVE THE DATE!
2014 Union Street Players Award’s Night
Saturday, October 4th, 2014
Pella Opera House
(Once again, Theatre Central’s fall production will be our evening’s entertainment!)